Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How will you know? ((review of ENCHANTED))

Last saturday, I believe, I went to the movie theater for the first time in months with my friends. Due to show times, we decided to watch Enchanted. I haven't reviewed anything in a while, plus the memory isn't raw in my mind, so I'm going to be rusty, but here goes.

Giselle's life was perfect. A beautiful voice, animal friends, and she is now to marry the prince of her dreams. However, things take a very surprising turn when an old woman leads Giselle away from her wedding to a magical "wishing" well. The woman's true intentions show when she is revealed to be the prince's step-mother, determined to keep her throne she sends Giselle to another world unlike anything Giselle could have ever imagined...

New York.


When I first heard of this movie I wasn't interested in seeing it, but as I saw the trailers I started to get curious. It seemed like it was going to be funny.

It was. Every joke I made in my mind when watching Disney movies in the past, they thought of it too. Which made the film very enjoyable to watch.

I loved the storyline, if I had any complaints they weren't serious because I can no longer remember any. The film had one more twist aside from the obvious reality switch, and I was pleased to see that it fit perfectly.

It was refreshing to see something different, yet so familiar, all at once. I think it's a fantastic modernization of the stories I used to love as a child (and still do).

James Marsden was my favorite in the film. A lot of the laughs from the movie came from the antics of his character, Prince Edward. I really enjoyed watching him and would watch the movie all over again if only for his scenes.

Amy Adams, who played Giselle, was my second favorite. It was great to see her character grow as the story progressed. I haven't seen her in anything else she's done but I hope to see her again if the story fits.

The cinematography was fantastic in my opinion. And there were some shots that left me thinking, "WOW. Now THAT was awesome."

Overall I recomend the film to anyone who ever enjoyed Disney in the past or if they still enjoy them in the present.

No comments: