Friday, November 21, 2008

School, WoW, and Writing

I'm supposed to be doing my History Writing assignment but I find myself procrastinating and distracting myself a LOT. ^^;; I'll get to it eventually. I've come to find that no one really reads this place other than maybe Jaunae and Dafne. Based on his reaction to Eagle Eye it seemed pretty clear that Yancy may have never read my review on here. Oh well. It was discouraging at first but I've decided that even if I am the only one reading this thing I'll still keep up with it. If anything it's a way to help me flex my creative writing muscles. I mean, sure, it would be great if I had a fraction of Yancy's traffic and feedback so that I could improve but that's alright. I'll just have to keep at it and self teach myself... or something.
Most of my procrastination was thanks to World of Warcraft. I've leveled up my Blood Elf, Faellynn, up to level 37-almost-38 with her pet Mayne following suit. And I'm happy to say that I think I'll be ready to write her first Quest Log in here very soon. ^_^ I've decided to title it Faellynn's Quest Log appropriately and then number it depending on her
 level. So the very first log I'll write will be numbered like this: Faellynn's Quest Log 37.1 where the first number is her level and the number after the decimal point will be the number of the entry. What I haven't decided on yet is that as she levels should I keep the second number increasing [[37.1, 37.2, 38.3]] or if I should start over [[37.1, 37.2, 38.1]]. So if anyone reads this just give me a heads up as to what will be less confusing and easier to follow. Keep in mind that I will always, of course, attach the appropriate labels to each post listing the game and character name.
I hope to get those WoW Logs up and running soon and on a semi-regular basis. Another thing I hope to be writing soon is the re-write for Mina; I'm starting to have doubts about whether she should discover her powers through a traumatic experience. Discovering powers will be hard enough but to have her deal with something that would scar anyone for life may be too much. Plus, since it might turn out to be my fist story, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. So her discovery-story may be changing. I haven't decided yet. I'm also in the works of creating a new character to that series. I'm most excited to find a discovery-story for her because, so far, her power is my favorite. ^___^ Her name shall be Seraiah. But sadly, I have to get back to my school work. Classes end early December, so I can't slack off now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do the continuing labeling (37.1, 37.2, 38.3, etc). It might be easier for people keeping up with it to keep track of the quest logs you've made. ^_^