Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Faellynn's Quest Log 48.4

Faellynn's Profile
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

QUEST LOG 48.4

My stay here in Stranglethorn Vale is coming close to an end. I have fought countless of trolls who have sided with the Alliance and have taken many remains and stolen treasures back to Grom'gol camp. These poor trolls... to have their own kin betray them in such ways is heartbreaking. They tell me there is not much else I can do, and they thank me for giving so much. I pray they see better days after this.
           Algar's training is troubling. He doesn't seem to really strive in his battles as Mayne does. After facing so many enemies, he still hasn't grown much in strength or skill; he is growing increasingly reluctant to do much of anything, really. I have been trying to push him a little harder because while I have always been there to save him whenever he was overpowered, I cannot guarentee I will always be able to. I need to be able to trust that he can stand on his own if things got too serious. His actions grow reckless to the point where he rushes after an enemy we never needed (or weren't ready to) face.
           I love Algar, he has a strong spirit and is a very wise creature; but if he refuses to learn how to survive against the Alliance with me then I will be forced to return him to Thousand Needles and leave him in his old nesting grounds. At least there he would be safe and I would never have to worry about him. I hope it doesn't come to that... I would love for him to stay.
           While on one of my quests, I came across a fascinating creature. It was a female Bangalash Tiger, a truly rare breed. Soon as I was able, I returned Algar to the stables at Grom'gol and returned to where I saw the feline prowling. I confronted her and tamed her, and now she seems willing to be my companion along with Mayne and Algar. I have decided to name her Rana, which means "eye catching." I find the name suits her perfectly because when she is stalking a target she has the ability fade into her sorroundings so well that you could swear she just disappeared before your eyes. She has such power in her claws that I suspect she may be even more powerful than Mayne. I trust she will do amazingly in any danger we face.
           After my last task here, I will move on to a new area known as the Hinterlands. I have been told more trolls reside in a village there, and that they are in desperate need of assistance. It sounds like the perfect place to begin Rana's training. 

---Faellynn

1 comment:

Eamy said...

I loved the beginning, once again it truly sounds as if Faellynn is real. The part where she meets Rana though sounds a little strained. I can't put my finger on it exactly now, but I'm still trying to think of it.
(Seriously just let Algar go! ^_^)