Friday, September 5, 2008

Skipping to the New

Alright so many-- well not many... actually how many people actually READ this thing? --are probably wondering why there hasn't been an update in oh so long.
Well I really don't have any good excuses for it. Sure there was lack of time, but not always. Sure there were other things going on making things hectic, but not always. Sure there was work, but not always too much.
So really, I've got nothing to give. OH WELL!

I have seen movies lately, it is true I haven't gone under a rock or anything, but unfortunately they're too far back for me to give detailed reviews. 
Tropic Thunder was funny, not AS funny as I was expecting, but still good.
Pineapple Express was actually pretty hilarious and I had been expecting it to tank.
Hancock was alright. B- of a movie.
Indiana Jones was fantastic.
WALL-E was the BEST Disney movie I've seen so far. So cute, so funny, so deep.
THE DARK KNIGHT yea, you didn't think I'd forget did you? FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC of a film. I love it. Go see it. Now.

I've also read a few books I'd like to highlight:
Perfect Match turned out to be really good actually. Had a twist I never saw coming which made everything much more intense and nerve-wracking.

ghostgirl is a book by Tonya Hurley and it is FAN-TAS-TIC. It is actually my new favorite book altogether, beating Speak and One of those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies to tie for second.
It's about a girl named Charlotte who dies on her first day back at school. She stays optimistic, however, when she finds that her soul can't pass on until she solves any unfinished business on Earth. She believes her mission is simple: BECOME POPULAR.
It sounds corny, I know, but trust me this authoress has the BEST sense of humor in writing. The characters are all portrayed very realistically and you can't help but root for some, boo others, and just get so darn frustrated with Charlotte who just can't get a hint.
^_^
I love it. Definitely something I'm going to be reading again and again.

inexcusable is an alright book. Not bad, but not great. It's a great story, really well organized and realistic.... but I was terribly aware that these were FICTIONAL characters and that none of these events were REALLY happening.
I never got sucked into their world.
I don't remember the guy's first name, but the author's last name is Lynch. 
Read if you like, like I said it's not bad.... Just not for my taste.

In up-and-coming news, I'm going to try my best to bring this place back. Also, I'm going to start writing "Journal" entries for my World of Warcraft character: Faellynn. I'm thinking of posting them up here for now. My brother, the A-Train ((the link to his pullbox is under "My World" on the side panel-->)), is thinking of starting up a type of forum community for Geeky Discussions and he believes a "WoW Journal" would be fun to include if he ever decides to make the place.
So, if he does, then I will move the entries over there. Until then, you'll find them here. I'll even put the label under it as "WoW" or "World of Warcraft". Don't look for it yet! I haven't written any ;P
But, yes, COMING SOON!!!

Another thing that I hope to be coming soon is more Story Excerpts like the one I wrote about Genn. They'll be featuring the OTHER characters I've created that have also found themselves with a strange ability for no apparent reason.
Man. Can't wait to get a story plot straight for these characters... I'm itching to write their book down.
So be ready to read about Genn's soon-to-be friends and their abilities SOON.

Until then, TTFN-- Tat Ta For Now!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*coughs*Twilight!*coughs*

;)